The Ontario Building Code | Cleanouts for Drainage Systems
184.108.40.206. Cleanouts for drainage Systems
(2) A cleanout fitting shall be provided on the upstream side and directly over every running trap.
(3) Every interior leader shall be provided with a cleanout fitting at the bottom of the leader or not more than 1 000 mm upstream from the bottom of the leader.
(4) Where a cleanout is required on a building sewer 8 in. or larger in size, it shall be a manhole.
(6) Every sanitary building drain or storm building drain shall be provided with a cleanout fitting that is located as close as practical to the place where the drain leaves the building.
(7) Every soil or waste stack shall be provided with a cleanoutfitting,
(a) at the bottom of the stack,
(b) not more than 1 000 mm upstream of the bottom of the stack, or
(c) on a Y fitting connecting the stack to the building drain or branch.
(8) A cleanout shall be provided to permit the cleaning of the piping immediately downstream of an interceptor.
(9) Every indirect drainage pipe carrying waste from a food receptacle shall have a cleanout access at every change of direction of more than 45°.
(10) A cleanout shall be installed on a trap arm serving a kitchen sink as close as practical to the trap outlet and shall be readily accessible.