The Ontario Building Code | Size and Spacing of Cleanouts
184.108.40.206. Size and Spacing of Cleanouts
(1) Except as provided in Sentences (2) and (3), on drainage piping of 4 in. size and smaller, the minimum size cleanout opening shall be the same size as the drainage pipe and on drainage piping larger than the 4 in. size, the cleanoutopening shall be 4 in. or larger and the maximum spacing between cleanouts on horizontal pipe shall be,
(a) in the case of a sink waste pipe, 6 m,
(2) The spacing between manholes serving a building sewer,
(a) 24 in. or less in size shall not exceed 90 m, and
(b) over 24 in. in size shall not exceed 150 m.
(3) The developed length of a building sewer between the buildingand the first manhole to which the building sewer connects shall not exceed 30 m.
(4) Cleanouts that allow rodding in one direction only shall be installed to permit rodding in the direction of flow.
(5) Manholes shall be located at all junctions and all changes in grade,size or alignment (except for curvilinear alignment) on a sanitary building sewer that is 8 in. or larger in size.
(6) Manholes shall be located at changes of grade, sizeor alignment (except for curvilinear alignment) on a storm building sewer or exterior storm drainage pipethat is 8 in. or larger in size.