The Ontario Building Code | Emergency Lighting
22.214.171.124. Emergency lighting="http://thehandyforce.com/electrical/" title ="East York Electrician">lighting
(1) Emergency lighting="http://thehandyforce.com/electrical/" title ="East York Electrician">lighting shall conform to Subsection 9.9.12.
Note: On January 1, 2018, Section 9.34. of Division B of the Regulation is amended by adding the following Subsection: (See: O. Reg. 139/17, s. 131)
9.34.4. Electric Vehicle Charging
126.96.36.199. Electric Vehicle Charging Systems
(1) Except as provided in Sentence (3), where vehicle parking spaces are located in a building, other than an apartment building, not less than 20% of the parking spaces shall be provided with electric vehicle supply equipment installed in accordance with Section 86 of the Electrical Safety Code adopted under Ontario Regulation 164/99 (Electrical Safety Code) made under the Electricity Act, 1998.
(2) The remaining parking spaces located in a building described in Sentence (1) shall be designed to permit the future installation of electric vehicle supply equipment that conforms to Section 86 of the Electrical Safety Code.
(3) Except as provided in Sentence (6), where a house is served by a garage, carport or driveway, the following shall be installed to permit the future installation of electric vehicle supply equipment that conforms to Section 86 of the Electrical Safety Code:
(a) a minimum 200 amp panelboard,
(b) a conduit that is not less than 27 mm trade size and is equipped with a means to allow cables to be pulled into the conduit, and
(c) a square 4-11/16 in. trade size electrical outlet box.
(4) The electrical outlet box described in Clause (3)(c) shall be installed in the garage or carport or adjacent to the driveway.
(5) The conduit and electrical outlet box described in Clauses (3)(b) and (c) shall provide an effective barrier against the passage of gas and exhaust fumes.
(6) A house need not comply with Sentence (3) where it,
(a) is not connected to a distribution system, as defined in subsection 2 (1) of the Electricity Act, 1998, or
(b) is used or intended to be used as a seasonal recreational building described in Section 9.36.
Section 9.35. Garages and Carports