The Ontario Building Code | Walkway between Buildings
18.104.22.168. Walkway between buildings
(1) Except as required by Sentence 22.214.171.124.(2), if buildings are connected by a walkway, each building shall be separated from the walkway by a fire separationwith a fire-resistance rating not less than 45 min.
(2) Except as permitted by Sentence (3), a walkwayconnected to a building required to be of noncombustible construction shall also be of noncombustible construction.
(3) A walkway connected to a building required to be of noncombustible construction is permitted to be of heavy timber construction provided,
(a) not less than 50% of the area of any enclosing perimeter walls is open to the outdoors, and
(b) the walkwayis at ground level.
(4) A walkway of noncombustible construction used only as a pedestrian thoroughfare need not conform to the requirements of Articles 126.96.36.199. and 188.8.131.52.
(5) A walkway between buildingsshall be not more than 9 m wide.