The Ontario Building Code | Capacity of Access to Exits
188.8.131.52. Capacity of Access to Exits
(1) The capacity of an access to exit shall be based on the occupant load of the portion of thefloor area served.
(2) In an access to exit the required width of ramps with a slope not more than 1 in 8, doorway ="http://thehandyforce.com/doors/" title ="Toronto Door installer">doorways, and corridors shall be based on not less than 6.1 mm per person.
(3) In an access to exit the required width of a ramp with a slope more than 1 in 8 shall be based on not less than 9.2 mm per person.
(4) In an access to exit from a floor area used or intended to be used for patients or residents in a Group B, Division 2 or Division 3 occupancy, the required width of corridors, doorways, and ramps shall be based on not less than 18.4 mm per person.
(5) The capacity of stairs in an access to exitshall conform to the requirements for stairs in Sentences 184.108.40.206.(1) to (3).