The Ontario Building Code | Construction Requirements
188.8.131.52. Construction Requirements
(1) A wave action pool is exempt from Sentences 184.108.40.206.(4) to (9), (12), (13), (14), (17), (18) and (23), Sentence 220.127.116.11.(12) and Article 18.104.22.168.
(2) A wave action pool shall be designed and constructed to comply with Sentences (3) to (11).
(3) The slope of the bottom of any portion of a wave action pool,
(5) There shall be a hard-surfaced pool deckat least 3 m wide immediately adjacent to the pool wall at the shallow end of the pool and at least 1 500 mm wide immediately adjacent to all walls of the pool.
(7) Sets of steps or ladders recessed into pool side walls and having continuous vertical grab bars on each side of them shall be located at intervals of not more than 7.5 m along portions of the pool where the still water depth exceeds 1 000 mm, except that no steps or ladders shall be located within 3 m of the corners at the deep end of the pool.
(8) Except at recessed steps or ladders, the pool deck along each side of a wave action pooladjacent to which the water depth is 2 300 mm or less shall be equipped with a barrier supported by posts or a wall that,
(a) is 1 000 mm in height,
(b) is located 1 000 mm or less from the side of the pool, and
(10) A system capable of deactivating the wave-making equipment shall be installed with readily accessible push buttons located on the pool deck not more than 30 m apart, adjacent to each side and the deep end of the pool.
(11) A wave action pool shall be equipped with a first-aid room located within 50 m of the pool.
3.11.8. Recirculation for Public Pools