The Ontario Building Code | Leased Areas
184.108.40.206. Leased Areas
(1) All leased areas within a rapid transit stationshall be,
(a) sprinklered, and
(b) separated from the remainder of the floor area by a fire separation of noncombustible construction that is not required to have a fire-resistance rating.
(2) A door acting as a closure in the fire separation in Clause (1)(b) is not required to be equipped with a self-closing device.
(3) Where leased areas are located on opposite sides of a means of egress, the width of the means of egress shall not be reduced to less than 5 m.
(5) In a rapid transit station that is erected entirely above the adjoining finished ground level and is a stand-alonebuilding, where the leased area on any floor level exceeds 20% of the public area on that level, the public area shall be sprinklered.
(6) In determining the leased area in Sentences (4) and (5), it is not necessary to include a leased area that is separated from the public area by a fire separationhaving a fire-resistance rating not less than,
(b) 1 h where the leased area contains any other occupancy.
(7) A leased area is permitted on a platform level provided it is,
(a) located not less than 5 m from the platform edge,
(b) located not less than 5 m from an egress facility, and
(c) not located in a dead end portion of the platform.