The Ontario Building Code | Clearance to Other Structures
18.104.22.168. Clearance to Other Structures
(1) Tents shall not be erected closer than 3 m to the property line.
(2) Except as provided in Sentences (3), (4) and (5), tents shall not be erected closer than 3 m to other tents or structures on the same property.
(3) A walkway between a building and a tent occupied by the public is permitted provided,
(a) the tent is not closer than 3 m from the building, and
(b) the walkwayconforms to Article 22.214.171.124.
(4) Tents not occupied by the public need not be separated from one another, and are permitted to be erected less than 3 m from other structures on the same property, where such closer spacing does not create a hazard to the public.
(5) Tents located on fair grounds or similar open spaces, need not be separated from one another provided such closer spacing does not create a hazard to the public.