The Ontario Building Code | Prohibition of Occupancy Combinations
126.96.36.199. Prohibition of Occupancy Combinations
(1) No major occupancy of Group F, Division 1 shall be contained within a building with any occupancy classified as Group A, B or C.
(2) Except as provided in Sentence (4) and Sentence 188.8.131.52.(9), not more than one suite of residential occupancy shall be contained within a buildingclassified as a Group F, Division 2 major occupancy.
(3) A sleeping room or sleeping area shall not open directly into a room or area where food is intended to be stored, prepared, processed, distributed, served, sold or offered for sale.
(4) A Group F, Division 2 major occupancy is permitted in a building containing only live/work units if the occupancyis for the exclusive use of the occupants of the live/work units.
(5) A building within the scope of Article 184.108.40.206A. or 220.127.116.11A. shall not contain,
(a) a Group A, Division 1 or 3, Group B, or Group F, Division 1 or 2 major occupancy,
(b) a Group A, Division 2 or a Group Emajor occupancy above the second storey, or
Note: On July 1, 2017, Sentence 18.104.22.168.(5) of Division B of the Regulation is amended by striking out "or" at the end of Clause (b) and by adding the following Clause: (See: O. Reg. 139/17, s. 9)
(b.1) a retirement home, or
(c) except as permitted by Sentence (6), a Group F, Division 3 major occupancy.
(6) A storage garage below the third storeyis permitted in a building within the scope of Article 22.214.171.124A. or 126.96.36.199A.
3.1.4. Combustible Construction