The Ontario Building Code | Construction Requirements
126.96.36.199. Construction Requirements
(1) A modified pool is exempt from Sentences 188.8.131.52.(4) to (9), (12), (13), (14), (16), (17), (18), (21), (23), (24) and (25), Sentence 184.108.40.206.(12) and Article 220.127.116.11.
(2) A modified pool shall be designed and constructed to comply with Sentences (3) to (9).
(3) A modified pool and its pool deck shall be constructed of hard-surfaced material that permits thorough cleaning.
(4) The slope of the bottom of any portion of a modified pool shall not exceed 1 in 12.
(5) The depth of the water in any portion of a modified pool shall not be more than 1 800 mm.
(6) A modified pool shall be surrounded on all sides by a hard-surfaced pool deck that shall,
(a) be at least 3 m wide,
(c) be sloped to shed water from the crest to the outer perimeter of the pool deck.
(7) A modified pool shall be provided with two or more drain fittings covered with protective grilles with openings="http://thehandyforce.com/windows/" title ="Window installer in Toronto">openings having an aggregate area of at least 10 times the internal cross-sectional area of the outlet pipe or pipes connected to the recirculation systemthat is capable of completely draining the pool.
(8) Provision shall be made for lifeguard control stations adjacent to the edge of the water at intervals of not more than 60 m.
(9) The bottom of a modified pool shall be marked with continuous black contour lines,
(a) 150 mm wide located where the water depth is 600 mm, and
(b) 300 mm wide located where the water depth is 1 200 mm.
3.11.7. Wave Action Pools