The Ontario Building Code | Lighting and Emergency Provisions
22.214.171.124. lighting="http://thehandyforce.com/electrical/" title ="East York Electrician">lighting and Emergency Provisions
(1) In addition to the requirements of this Subsection, public spas shall comply with the requirements of Sentences 126.96.36.199.(1) to (6).
(2) An emergency telephone directly connected to an emergency service or to the local telephone utility shall be installed within 30 m of the public spa.
(3) All pumps used in a public spa shall be capable of being deactivated by an emergency stop button that is,
(a) clearly labelled, and
(b) located at a point that is,
(i) readily accessible to and within sight of persons using the public spa, and
(ii) within 15 m of the public spa.
(4) The emergency stop button required in Sentence (3) shall,
(a) be a switch separate from the public spa’s timing device,
(b) activate an audible and a visual signal when used, and
(c) have an emergency sign conforming to Sentence 188.8.131.52.(14).
(5) If a public spa and public pool are located in the same room or space, the emergency stop buttons required in Sentences (3) and 184.108.40.206.(12) shall deactivate all pumps serving the public spa and public pool.
3.12.6. service Rooms and Storage for All Public Spas