The Ontario Building Code | General
(1) Except as provided in Sentence (2), unreinforced and nominally reinforced concrete shall be designed, mixed, placed, cured and tested in accordance with the requirements for "R" class concrete stated in Clause 8.13 of CSA A23.1, "Concrete Materials and Methods of Concrete Construction".
(2) Unreinforced and nominally reinforced site-batched concrete shall be designed, mixed, placed and cured in accordance with Articles 22.214.171.124. to 126.96.36.199.
(3) Except as provided in Sentence (4), Subsection 9.15.4. and Section 9.39., reinforced concrete shall be designed to conform to the requirements of Part 4.
(4) For flat insulating concrete form walls not exceeding 2 storeysin building height, and having a maximum floor to floor height of 3 m, in buildings of light-frame construction containing only a single dwelling unit, the concrete and reinforcing shall comply with Part 4 or,
Note: On July 1, 2017, Sentence 188.8.131.52.(4) of Division B of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before Clause (a) and substituting the following: (See: O. Reg. 139/17, s. 69)
(4) For flat insulating concrete form walls described in Clause 184.108.40.206.(1)(c) or 220.127.116.11.(1)(b), the concrete and reinforcing shall comply with Part 4 or,
(a) the concrete shall conform to CSA A23.1, "Concrete Materials and Methods of Concrete Construction", with a maximum aggregate size of 19 mm, and
(b) the reinforcing shall,
(i) conform to CSA G30.18, "Carbon Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement",
(ii) have a minimum specified yield strength of 400 MPa, and
(iii) be lapped a minimum of 450 mm for 10M bars and 650 mm for 15M bars.