The Ontario Building Code | Access to Adjacent Building
126.96.36.199. Access to Adjacent building
(1) Where an access is provided between a rapid transit station and an adjacent building, the station and the building shall be separated by a fire separation having a fire-resistance rating not less than 2 h.
(2) The access in Sentence (1) shall be through a vestibule that is separated from the station and from the building,
(a) by a fire separation having a fire-resistance ratingnot less than 1 h, or
(b) by wired glass assemblies conforming to MMAH Supplementary Standard SB-2, "Fire Performance Ratings", with wired glass doors equipped with self-closing devices.
(3) The vestibule doors in Sentence (2),
(a) are not required to be equipped with latches, and
(b) shall swing in the direction of travel from the rapid transit station.
(4) Close spaced sprinkler protection shall be provided on each side of all vestibule doors.
(5) The vestibule shall not contain an occupancy.
(6) Where an access is provided between a rapid transit station and an adjacent building, and the building is regulated by the provisions of Subsection 3.2.6. or 3.2.8., these provisions are not required in the rapid transit station.